Reflexology and The Fertile Body Method can all help reduce stress and improve sleep patterns - two things known to affect chances of conception.
Reproductive Reflexology can be used as a stand-alone treatment to enhance your natural fertility or with all forms of assisted conception including Clomid, IUI, IVF and ICSI. It can also be used to support individuals and couples using surrogacy or donors in IVF cycles. As a member of the Association of Reproductive Reflexologists, I have specific training using structured and prescriptive treatment protocols to support couples through all phases of their assisted conception programme.
The Fertile Body Method
The Fertile Body Method (FBM) is a solution-focused approach to provide support with fertility issues through the use of hypnotherapy and mind-body approaches. It acknowledges the importance of working with fertility issues in a holistic way, using the powerful connection of mind and body to help you to achieve an optimal fertile state. These sessions provide a relaxed nurturing environment to support your unique fertility journey and promote relaxation and help to reduce stress.
The FBM can help enhance fertility as follows:
The FTM approach will help you to set a goal for your treatment. This goal could help promote an optimum fertile state and give you the best opportunity for conception to occur and reduce the impact that fertility issues have been having on your life.
What can I do to help myself ?
Self Care for fertility.
1. Be kind to yourself and do whatever you can to relieve pressure on yourself. Use this time to improve your self-care to get yourself as healthy as possible before starting treatment.
2. Your aim is do to things which make you feel very calm and centred. Make sure you spend quality time with each other, have some fun, get back to that heady time when you first fell in love with each other and were carefree, receptive, and open – the ideal state for making a baby.
3. Remember that making love about 3 times in the week before ovulation – or from day 7 until ovulation gives you your best chance of conceiving a baby.
4. Exercise is important - Gentle daily walks, Fertility yoga are both good options.
5. Be kind to yourself (again) – use your time to de-stress – perhaps look at Headspace for meditations.
6. Drink enough water - for women - especially from ovulation to your bleed to ensure enough hydration to allow the endometrium to thicken sufficiently.
7. Home cook your food – veg box delivery This is a way to be looking after yourself and nurturing yourself.
Look at your diet. If you want to lose weight to improve your BMI Dr. Michael Moseley has two good plans which work well especially if you have hormone imbalances or PCOS – The 5:2 diet and the Blood sugar diet.
8. If you are thinking of having reproductive reflexology to support you during this time, recording your basal body temperature on an app such as Fertility Friends is a really useful thing to do. Your temperature needs to be taken orally using a digital thermometer as soon as you wake up and before you have done anything else – even talking. This will provide useful information and can then be used to track your progress.
9. When you are able to come for treatments, If you not ovulating I can give you homework to stimulate the reflexes which help this to happen, and if your progesterone is deficient or you have a short luteal phase, again you will be given homework to stimulate the reflex to help this.
Just for men.
Are you taking exercise? Gentle running/brisk walking is ideal but no cycling or muscle building. (Cycling is heating for the testicles and muscle building diverts energy towards building muscles instead of healthy sperm production).
For your mental health – Headspace App.
General dietary advice, Reduce the amount of red meat, and increase deep-sea fish, eat organic wherever possible. Include whole grains, and nuts and 5 portions of organic fruit and vegetables daily.
If you would like any further help please contact me. I am currently doing phone/zoom consultations so there is no need to wait.